Saturday, June 11, 2011

MY MIAMI INK ... BUT NOT AT MIAMI INK

Miami has a lot to offer art scene wise. I have discovered a great gallery by a Brazilian Pop Art artist Beto Central and was invited to many art shows which I haven't even had enough time to go to, what a shame.

What art Miami is really known for though is tattoo art! I wasn't as cliche as to go to Miami Ink Love/Hate Studio, as fabulous as am sure it is but went to a much recommended by friends in London and Miami Salvation Tattoo. Thank you Kuzuya Perez.

These are my stitched hearts and yarn theme based on my abstract painting I did a few months back.
I had my heart stolen and broken. I will still wear my heart on my sleeve though (pun intended) but this time it's stitched and unwinding from the yarn, perhaps signifying who knows what will happen one day - if it's meant to be the thread will connect the two hearts again ...

The yarn starts unravelling ...

The woven heart keeps going ...

My left arm stitches . . .

Through the music notes ...

And behind the music notes

Ending on a stitched heart on my shoulder. Voila!
Just me, myself and I ... 













No comments:

Post a Comment